Mazda plans to deploy electrification technology in all its vehicles by 2030
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Japanese automaker Mazda Motor Corporation has disclosed that it is planning to revamp its product line-up, in order to ensure that all electrification technology is deployed in all its vehicles by 2030.
The announcement made by Mazda is noteworthy because the Hiroshima-based automaker is one of the laggards in the auto industry, so far as electrification efforts are concerned. The announcement implies that Mazda is now making efforts to catch up with its competitors by revamping its product line-up.
In announcing its plans to introduce electrification for all its vehicles over the next decade or so, Mazda said that 95% of the vehicles produced by the company by 2030 will be equipped with an electric motor alongside an internal-combustion engine, while the remaining 5% of its vehicles will be fully battery-powered cars.
Meanwhile, in a separate disclosure made to reporters by Kiyoshi Fujiwara -- the Executive Vice-President of Mazda -- said that the first electric vehicle will be introduced by the automaker in 2020, instead of 2019 as previously planned. Fujiwara said: “Delaying to 2020 is the optimal solution.”
Fujiwara also accepted the fact that Mazda is “a bit behind” its rivals in terms of electrification, and said: “It took some time to put in the latest battery technology and we revised the layout to allow us to use the technology across multiple electric vehicles.”
A Daily Herald report has revealed that two former Tesla employees -- Seneca Giese and Trip Jacobs -- have launched a used electric car retailer under brand name Current Automotive, in the US.
In a recent Twitter post, US electric vehicle maker Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk has hinted at the groundbreaking of the automaker’s Gigafactory 3 in China “soon.” The tweet marks a reiteration of Tesla’s earlier claims that it has put in place an accele
With major automakers like Audi, Mercedes and Hyundai planning to electrify their vehicles for the Indian market in 2019, Bengaluru-based start-up Log 9 Materials is focusing on innovative Graphene Nanotechnology to solve the ‘range anxiety’ of el
According to EV magazine Electrek report, US electric vehicle maker Tesla has hired Swedish automaker Volvo’s Senior Exterior Designer Ian Kettle, in a new role at the Tesla Design Studio in Los Angeles.
According to a recent report issued by the UK Committee on Climate Change, faster actions are required by the government to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions on the roads, in homes and in farming.
In a recent announcement, German premium automobile company Audi AG has revealed that the company’s Board of Management has approved a new €14 billion investment plan, which will focus on electric vehicles (EVs).